Friday, September 25, 2015

State as a social institution

For this blog I am going to talk about my state, but from a sociological point of view.  I hope people can see how unique a state is, but I also want people to realize how different states make one similar nation.
I have this belief that it does not matter from what state you are from here in America.  We will act how we need to act given the circumstance.  If you travel from state to state you will treat people the same way they treat you, and with time you will accommodate yourself with their lifestyles as well.  Every state has different weather, income, and race.  I particularity like the race because it deals more with a culture of an individual race, and I think that when they put all of these races, with different cultures, in different states, they make up the social institution within each of those states.
I am from the big state of Texas and I am used to different races.  My town in Texas is between mexico and the United States, so I am basically stuck in both social regions.  The reason for this is because I have the Mexican heritage from my folks, but i also have the heritage I adapted here in America.  I find this amazing because like my town there are a lot of others.  Try the northern border, where Canada and America meet, I am more than positive that they experience the same thing I experienced in my life, but from a different social region.

No comments:

Post a Comment